Create an Account CourseStreet Log in  Connect with Facebook
Home Blog



Showing entries tagged visas.  Show all entries

April 21, 2011

New General Student Visa Rules

Evidence of English Study - Visa students.
Under new UKBA/Home Office rules from 21st April 2011 students wishing to apply for a "General Student Visa" must provide a certificate showing that they are competent in English at a minimum of level B1 of the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages (CEFR) from the following list of English language test providers:
1) IELTS (International English Language Testing System)
3) PTE ACADEMIC (Pearson Test of English Academic)
4) TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language)
5) ESOL (Skills for Life Cambridge or Trinity College London)
6) BULATS (Online certified version)
7) FCE (Cambridge First Certificate in English)
8) PET (Cambridge Preliminary English Test)
9) CAE (Cambridge Certificate in Advanced English)
10) CPE (Cambridge Certificate in Proficiency in English)
11) BEC (Cambridge Business English Certificate Preliminary)
12) BEC (Cambridge Business English Certificate Vantage)
13) BEC (Cambridge Business English Certificate Higher)
14) CILEC (Cambridge International Legal English Certificate)
15) CICFE (Cambridge International Certificate in Financial English)
16) City & Guilds International ESOL Diploma
17) ISEI (Integrated Skills in English Trinity College London)

To comply with this new system, Agents/Students are requested in future, please, to forward copies of the above evidence to the College. It will then be used to draw up the College?s Visa Letter for the Home Office.
Students should be advised to present the original evidence documents alongside the College's visa letter when applying for their General Student Visa.
PLEASE NOTE: Students with no or little previous knowledge of English and/or wishing to stay for 11 months or less should apply for an " Extended Student Visitor" or for 6 months or less a " Student Visitor " visa.( For details , see the UKBA websites.) Any students who require advice must contact the UKBA Home Office or the British Embassy in their country.
Adam Priestley
Posted by      LEEDS LANGUAGE COLLEGE LTD at 2:31 PM BST | Comments (0)
Tags: visas

 Copyright © 2007-2016 LEEDS LANGUAGE COLLEGE. All rights reserved.
  Feed — Subscribe: RSS